• Subscribe RSS
  • Warne, McGrath to play in All Star T20 match against Aus XI

Legends Shane Warne, Glenn McGrath and Matthew Hayden will return to the field to launch the 2009-10 season in an All Star Twenty20 match at the Gabba in Brisbane, Cricket Australia and the Australia Cricketers' Association announced on Wednesday.

The trio will line-up against a full-strength Australian XI on November 22 before the hosts take on the West Indies and Pakistan at home. The CA released its ticketing schedule for the 2009-10 international season yesterday and the All Star match boasts family friendly ticket prices starting at $20 for adults and $10 for kids. "I can't wait to be playing back on Australian soil with Pigeon and Haydos and the rest of the crew," Warne said. "As the All Stars captain I'm really looking forward to working with Australia's new and upcoming players. It will be a great experience to take on the Aussie team and should be a very fun and exciting match for all," he said.

For McGrath, the chance to play with some of the most exciting players in Australia and raise awareness for charity at the same time was too good a chance to pass up. "The All Star match is a great start to the summer and I'm really looking forward to getting back out on Aussie soil. The match is going to support the Cricket Cares initiative so I encourage all cricket fans to get on board and come along to the match, or watch it on TV," McGrath said.

The All Star Twenty20 match will support Cricket Cares partners The Shane Warne Foundation, McGrath Foundation and Movember Foundation. After his success in this year's IPL, Hayden is looking forward to stepping foot once again on his beloved Gabba. "I have really enjoyed my Twenty20 post retirement, and this is a great way to play a game I love in my home town. This match is the perfect way to launch the summer and a great way for me to support the ACA," he said.

Posted in Labels: |

0 comments: